Subject: Re: NewTek, The Saga Continues. . .
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 20:39:52 -0400

In a message dated 95-10-15 16:51:40 EDT, you write:

>John Crookshank, do you? Any of you other deallers that read this list?
>
>The internet is truely the only venue we all have for up to date
>information. I'm almost to the point of cancelling my Video Toaster User
>subsciption. It's a shame that the magazine is interested in having there
>big expo than reporting important information to the toaster community at
>large.

I'm a dealer in Dallas. We also use the very tools we sell to produce
graphics and animation to the television and film industry. I must agree that
NewTeks' behavior has been rather chaotic as of late, however in all
fairness, we should look carefully at the facts. As a reseller, I WAS
informed about the pre release status of LW and The Flyer.

I believe that NewTek was forthright about informing us of the "Under
Constuction" status of these products. I think what has happened os we were
so blown away by the Toaster, that we fooled ourselves somewhat into
believing that NewTek, The new God of video, would have it together a little
better than they did.

Now, put yourself in Tim Jenison's shoes for a second. This man has worked
his ass off, along with many others, to create something that has changed
most of your lives, and for the better I might add. Now all of a sudden,
Commodore, eats the big weenie! If you were Tim You, more than likely, would
have done the very same thing. Ficus your IMMEDIATE  attention on what would
save you from the abyss. Turn out as much as you can, as soon as you can, and
stay alive!

It is in NO ONES favor if NewTek ride shares with Commodore to the
unemployment line. We continually look forward to new software and hardware
from newtek and can't wait to see it! I agree that they have been remiss in
their duty as a manufacturer to their buying public, but when we were all
whishing we could do what we are doing now, NewTek was there to helps us
along. Now they need us to be there to a certain extent.

If you were going to loose YOUR entire lifes work, see 60 people loose their
jobs, because of you, go home, face your wife and kids and tell them that
Daddy will be attending Truckmasters because he lost his job, I think you
would also make a few mistakes as well.

I  have met Tim and his wife several times. They are fine people. So, having
said that, I will leave you with another, TomTip!!!

Friends don't let friends use Beta software for REAL projects!

Tom Rennen
Intelligent Light Digital Imaging
214-420-6815

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]